A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
Due to significant growth created by an ever-increasing client demand, we are looking to further bolster the team by recruiting a talented Cloud Subject Matter Expert. You will be a part of the Capgemini Cloud & Edge Projects and Consulting Practice that is primarily responsible for providing client centric Cloud, End User/Productivity and IoT services.
The focus of your role
You will be accountable for assisting clients in developing cloud journey, designing and implementing cloud ambitions (public and private) as part of their IT supply portfolio. You will have a wealth of exposure in projects that exploit public cloud services and you will be capable of engaging on customer projects covering the design and implementation of cloud related projects on their platform of expertise.
As the Cloud Subject Matter Expert, you will
- Enable our customer’s journey to leverage cloud and implement a hybrid cloud model especially public cloud (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Engage closely with clients, partners and other business units to design and implement innovative and competitive solutions for new and existing clients
- Work as part of a pre-sales team in the proposal stage and then engage in the delivery of the cloud transformation project covering the design and implementation phases of the project before handing over to support and operations teams
- Be trust advisor with customers with specific knowledge of the platform of expertise as well as being the point of information for the whole Capgemini population on his/her platform of expertise.
- Experience with cloud migration technologies such as AWS SMS, Azure Migrate, Plate Spin, CloudEndure.
- AWS or Azure trained / certified architect – e.g. Amazon Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or Professional Level
- Understanding of hybrid cloud solutions and experience of integrating public cloud into tradition hosting/delivery models
- Strong understanding of cloud migration techniques and workflows (on premise to Cloud Platforms)
What you’ll bring
- Deep expert knowledge of either designing & implementing AWS or Azure platform features and capabilities
- Demonstrated experience in cloud infrastructure project deals for hands on migration to public clouds such as AWS and Azure.
- Ability to use wide variety of open source technologies.
- Strong and demonstrable experience of migrating workloads to cloud platforms
- AWS or Microsoft Azure Certification (nice to have)
- Some knowledge of automated provisioning and DevOps tooling,
- Good understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery environments
- Experience with application and infrastructure management and monitoring tools
- Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (like ITIL)
- Strong client-facing skills with excellent communication capabilities
- Ability to work effectively in pressurized situations and can be relied upon to deliver, irrespective of circumstances
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
- Architectural certification and knowledge of Architecture Frameworks (e.g TOGAF, OpenGroup Certification Architect etc etc)
- Experience of implementing architectural governance and proactively managing issues and risks throughout the delivery life cycle.
- Good familiarity with the disciplines of enterprise software development such as configuration & release management, source code & version controls, and operational considerations such as monitoring and instrumentation
- Experience of consulting or service provider roles (internal, or external);
- Strong knowledge on software development methodologies like Agile/Scrum, Kan Ban etc.
- Broad understanding of enterprise project life cycle
- A good degree-level education is highly desirable
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognize individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organizations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.
Our mission is to employ, develop and retain the best people to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
We stand by our commitments, paying attention to the resources belonging to the protected categories, in accordance with Articles 1 and 18 of Law 68/1999.
Personal data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679.